This app challenges players to ask the right questions, while observing attributes of each item in order to determine which chip the star is hidden behind. Students can ask questions such as:
- "Is the star behind a piece of clothing?" (categories)
- "Is the star behind something that is red?" (color)
- "Is the star behind something that you can color with?" (function)
- "Is the star behind something that has laces on it?" (part)
- "Is the star behind something that is metal?" (what the item is made of)
- "Is the star behind something that is found in a garage?" (location)
The app comes with a great "Game Play" section that explains how to play the game. I definitely recommend reading this before getting started!
First, determine which category/categories, as well as the number of tokens to include.
Next, choose the specific items to use.
Then, hide the star behind a specific item.
Last, start asking questions to determine which item the star is hidden behind!
What I love about this app:
- I have a lot of students working on attributes, so this app is really useful for them.
- You can add your own items, to include objects that your students are specifically working on.
- The app is a fun game, which helps hold students' attention.
What I would like to see included in an update:
- For those students who need additional support, it would be nice to have cues on the side of the screen to help them ask questions (e.g. "category", "color", "size", etc).
You can find this fun app for $1.99 at iTunes!
Disclaimer: This app was given to me for review. No other compensation was provided.