"Articulation Test Center" is perfect for back to school time or really any time of the year that you're looking to screen an artic/phono student or get a full assessment of their skills.
The screener allows you to determine if a child's speech is delayed or appropriate based on their age.
The full test allows you to customize the assessment based on individual needs.
I REALLY like this app, so let me show you some of my favorite features!
1) Yellow = approximation... Ever wonder how to indicate an approximated response? Just tap the sound twice to turn the sound yellow, which indicates an "almost there, but not quite" production.
2) The record button. This isn't a novel idea, but it's great for auditory feedback.
3) It tests vowels. This is an area that I feel is lacking with other apps.
4) It provides ages that phonological processes typically disappear at, which is a great reminder!
5) Speech sample scenes. Ever struggle to pull a speech sample out of a student? These scenes have so much to talk about and various pictures even include additional prompts! You can also record the speech sample to transcribe it later.
6) Extensive results. Results include words tested, sound errors, sound substitutions, phonological processes marked, speech sample, report, and recommendations.
7) The pictures flip! Such a great idea, considering our students typically sit across from us!
8) Recommendations for therapy. Based on age, the app provides suggested therapy targets.
Overall, this is a wonderful and very thorough app! And here's the best news yet... Articulation Test Center (and Articulation Station Pro) will be 30% off August 12th-14th for Little Bee Speech's back to school sale! Click on the links to learn more!
Do you have either one of these apps? If so, what are your thoughts?
Disclaimer: This item was given to me for review. No other compensation was provided. The opinions expressed are solely my own.