The more experience that I gain working with children who have language disorders, the more I realize how difficult it is for so many of them to determine how objects are the same and how they differ from one another. That's why I love "Developing Awareness of Similarities and Differences", a whole book dedicated to this skill by Great Ideas for Teaching.
This resource includes 60 different two page lessons. Each lesson includes a picture page with four different activities on each page.
The second page of each lesson includes directions related to similarities and differences among items, such as:
- "An elf is make-believe. Circle another thing that is make-believe."
- "Ice skates have laces. Circle another thing that has laces."
- "A mouse has a long tail. Circle another thing that has a long tail."
- "A harp has strings. Circle another thing that has strings."
What I love about this resource:
- With 60 2-page lessons and 4 activities on each page, this book includes 240 same/different activities!
- The pictures invite additional conversation about how the items are the same and different.
You can find this awesome resource that targets understanding of similarities and differences for $29.50 HERE!
Disclaimer: This product was given to me for review. No other compensation was provided. The opinions expressed here are solely my own.