Thursday, July 16, 2015

{Review} A Camping Spree with Mr. Magee

Today I'm sharing a review of a speech and language companion for the book, A Camping Spree with Mr. Magee by Scarlett over at Speech is Sweet!  I love working with books during speech and language sessions because I can target so many different goal areas at the same time and this packet by Scarlett definitely made things so much easier and saved me LOTS of time during those last few {extremely busy} weeks of the school year!  Let's check it out...


 Comprehension... I think a good 75% of my language students have some goal related to comprehension and story retelling.  There are 18 comprehension questions in the pack and another sheet that turns the activity into a fun game!  (And let's face it - the graphics are so cute!)


Then, there are 18 riddle cards that can also double as an attribute activity.  Each card includes a few descriptions of an item related to camping.  And again, another sheet that turns the activity into a game!  


Next are 18 pronoun cards.  Students draw a card and complete the sentence with the appropriate pronoun and BONUS, if a student draws a lantern card, they get an extra turn!


There are also 30 rhyming cards, six cards in each "family."


I'm all about these super easy black and white sheets lately.  All I have to do is print them and they're immediately ready to use.  Students simply cut out the supplies, read the preposition that is listed under the item and then put it in the correct place in the picture.  This was a great way for me to see how my students were doing with a mix of language concepts.


Last, but not least, there are artic worksheets for the phonemes /k/ and /f/.  Students say each word (I love the picture cues, by the way!) 10 times, color the items, cut out the words, and glue them around the camp fire.


This is a great product by Scarlett!  It covers so many goal areas and was fantastic for my caseload!  I love the mix of color flashcards and black and white worksheets too!

You can find this awesome product HERE!  I highly recommend it!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lindsey! I'm so glad you liked this companion! Mr. Magee is one of my favorite characters! Kids love his silliness. :)

    ReplyDelete