Wednesday, September 11, 2013

{Review} Recognizing and Verbalizing Correct Grammar

"Me want a cookie."  "The boy are happy."  "The girl stood-ed on her chair."  If I had a dollar for every time I heard sentences like this, I'd be rich!  (And I'm sure you would be too!)  That's why I love Recognizing and Verbalizing Correct Grammar by Great Ideas for Teaching - because it targets these frequently heard grammatical errors!


This book includes 40 2-page units and provides children with a multitude of activities targeting grammatically correct vs. incorrect sentences.

Each unit contains a picture page that can be used for the child to reference.


The instructor's sheet (pictured below) includes three sets of sentences for each picture.  Each pair of sentences is very similar, but they differ in the fact that one sentence is correct and the other is incorrect.  For example, two sentences to compare in this group of pictures are, "Him is holding a jack-in-the-box." vs. "He is holding a jack-in-the-box."  Students must determine which sentence is correct.


What I love about this material:
- It provides TONS of exposures for the same goal area.  Forty lessons each containing 12 sets of sentence pairs is a total of 480 statements to compare!
- It targets a skill that so many of my students (and I'm sure yours too) are working on.
- The pictures are a great reference for students to look at when thinking about the statements.

You can find this fantastic grammar resource for $29.50 HERE!


Disclaimer: This item was given to me for review.  No other compensation was provided.  The opinions expressed here are solely my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment