Monday, December 17, 2012

Chain Letter Link Up

About a week ago, I participated in a Chain Letter Link-Up started by Teach Speech 365. She interviewed 4 different SLP bloggers, including WordNerdSpeechTeach, and then it was our job to continue the trend and interview a few other fantastic bloggers.

Meet: Tej of Let’s Talk Speech and Language and Amy of Major Speech Pathology Fun by a Minor Girl!!! They’ve included some great freebies so keep reading to find out more about them and download their great materials!

Blogger #1: Let’s Talk Speech and Language

1. Your name, email, and blog address Tej Sohan Ms.Sohan@gmail.com http://www.letstalkspeechlanguage.com/

2. When and why did you start blogging? I started blogging in June of this year. As a middle school SLP I felt like there was a lack of therapy ideas and resources available. I eventually realized that I could help fill that void.

3. What is your favorite population to work with? I suppose by default I have to say middle school? Lol, but I actually do prefer to work with the MS bunch. They push me to be creative and are unabashedly honest.

4. How much time per week do you spend blogging? Approximately 5-8 hours.

5. What's your favorite topic to create materials for? I rarely create materials. I enjoy blogging about everything!

6. What's the best thing about blogging? Knowing that you are a useful resource to your audience!

7. Do you have any blogging tips? Use social media to help publicize your posts. Make sure to include at least 1 image in your post so you can pin it to Pinterest boards.

8. Add a question and answer of your choice (can be speech related or not). Did you always want to work with the middle school population? No! All throughout graduate school I wanted to work with geriatrics. Never did I think I was going to end up in a school discussing Facebook with a group of adolescents. That's the greatest thing about this field, so much variety!

Here is Tej’s freebie!

Blogger #2: Major Speech Pathology Fun by a Minor Girl

1. Your name, email, blog address, link to TpT store if you have one Amy Minor http://majorspeechminorgirl.blogspot.com http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Major-Speech-Pathology-Fun-By-A-Minor-Girl

2. When and why did you start blogging? I started an official public blog in October of this year. However, I have been blogging privately for a long time. I blogged privately as I had no idea that there would be so many people interested in what other people had to say =) I decided to make my ideas public because I have always been a sharing person and blogging is a great way to do just that!

3. What is your favorite population to work with? I LOVE junior high. I know this is not a typical answer that most people give, but I love that the students are beginning to form an educated opinion about real life issues. I do also still like that they still have that "I am still kind of scared of getting in trouble" kind of attitude too haha!

4. How much time per week do you spend blogging and/or creating materials? I spend anywhere from 4-5 hours a week. I work at 4 different facilities- 2 schools under 1 job, and then 3 area hospitals/inpatient rehabs so I am a very busy girl! I try to write blog posts ahead of time, so I don't have to worry about it while working so many hours-- see below for my blogging tip!

5. What's your favorite topic to create materials for? I like to create incentive games that can go with any activity. Since my caseload is so diverse, I am forced to have very flexible materials. My second favorite is language: synonyms, antonyms etc

6. What's the best thing about blogging? The best thing about blogging is my husband doesn't have to listen to me talk about my speech therapy ideas anymore! haha just kidding! I like being able to share my ideas and learn from others! I believe it is making me a better therapist and I hope I am helping others in their journey to be the best therapist they can be!

7. Do you have any blogging tips? Yes, don't be afraid to write your blogs ahead of time and schedule them to be posted. For example: I have written 6 blog posts today and I have scheduled them to be posted to my blog throughout the week to come! It’s a real time saver and it helps me keep my thoughts on the blog and not so scatter-brained as I sometimes can get since I have to balance so much in my life!

8. Add a question and answer of your choice (can be speech related or not). What are some of the most meaningful items that you have ever received as gifts? I have a few things really. I collect clowns (I know most people don't like that about me). 1. I received a large clown decanter from my Grandma McMillie that was given to her by my mom when she was younger. 2. I received a 2 dollar bill from my Aunt Kathy for Christmas one year. My aunt and uncle gave it to me as a gift in a card when they did not have a very big disposable income due to her medical bills- its the thought that counts and I treasure it every day because that is the TRUE meaning of Christmas. 3. Another clown: my parents got married in a small little town in Georgia. On their 23rd wedding anniversary, they went back to the same town to renew their vows. (They got married on the 23rd of August- that’s why it was a special anniversary). While they were there, they stayed at an Inn. There was a clown there that was not originally for sale. They explained to the Inn Owner that I liked clowns and got to know them during their stay. At the end, the Inn Owner gave my parents the clown to give to me as a gift. Her name is Lucy and I will LOVE her forever. Do you guys have any treasures from when your parents got married? 4. Last but not least my wedding ring: my husband is such a rare find and I am honored to be his wife everyday!

Here is Amy’s freebie that you can access at her TpT store here!
'
Please give Let’s Talk Speech and Language and Major Speech Fun By a Minor Girl a “like” on facebook if you download their activity, as well as Teach Speech 365 for starting this whole idea!

If you're looking for even MORE freebies, you can also check out my TpT store!

2 comments: