This 315 page book includes all of the individual Super Star Speech books combined into one! Therefore, it includes:
- Super Star Speech: Speech Therapy Made Simple
- Super Star R and L
- Super Star S, S, and Sh
- Super Star Ch, J, and Th
- Super Star Speech Supplement
Specifically, it includes an informal articulation test
and a data sheet to accompany the articulation test.
It also includes lesson plan templates to organize activities, accuracy, and notes about the session.
Each sound is represented in this book with a variety of activities (including "p and b", "t and d", "n", "f and v", "k and g", "ng", "l", "r", "sh", "ch and j", "th", "s and z", "final consonants", and "blends").
For each sound or pair of sounds, there is a brief, but detailed explanation of how each sound is made. There are also multiple tips to increase correct production as well as a word list for each sound that includes the targeted sound in the beginning, middle, and end of words.
Students can also practice their sounds at the syllable level.
In addition, there is a list of words for the student to listen to and repeat, as well as pictures of words that contain the targeted sound.
Students can fill in the blank with an appropriate word that contains their targeted sound.
There are also quick and easy games that are great to give as homework.
In addition, students can practice their sounds at the phrase level
as well as the sentence level.
There are also a ton of open ended activities/games that can be used during therapy sessions or for home practice with any sound.
Last, but not least, there are a ridiculous amount of flashcard-type pages targeting each sound!
What I love about this book:
- the articulation test is a great way to collect baseline data and/or to reassess students as they continue to make progress with correct production of their sounds.
- it includes 3-6 ways to produce each sound. (I definitely learned a few new tricks for sound production!)
- it covers such a huge variety of skills, from eliciting production of individual sounds, to using words with targeted sounds in sentences.
- it includes lots of versatile activities that can be given as simple homework practice.
What I would like to see in future editions:
- questions/stories/etc to target speech sounds in conversation
You can find this awesome articulation resource in an e-book version for $29.95 or in a print version for $34.95 (currently on sale from $39.95) by visiting the Super Star Speech website!
Disclaimer: This product was given to me for review. No other compensation was provided.