First, as with any app make sure to watch the tutorial. This handy video makes using the app super easy.
Next, it's time to choose your settings.
"Activities" allow a user to choose between three different activities (or you can use them all). Included in this section are:
- "Who is talking? (Listening & Facial Expression)
- "What is he/she thinking? (Body Language & Perspective Taking)
- "What does that mean? (Expressions, Idioms, Slang)
"Encouragement" allows you to choose how often you would like praise phrases to be used.
"Answer Choices" give the user the option of deciding how many choices to choose from.
"Reward Game" allows you to choose from three different choices of games to play as a reward for hard work. It also gives the user the option to choose how often to use the reward games.
"Track Progress" allows the user to record correct versus incorrect responses to questions.
Once you have chosen your settings, you're ready to begin!
This first activity is a "Who is talking?" activity that targets listening skills as well as facial expressions. In this situation, the recording states, 'Do I have to go?' The student must determine which "person" said the statement.
The second activity is "What is he/she thinking?" that targets body language and perspective taking. Here, by watching a short video and observing the person's body language, the student must determine what the person is thinking.
The last activity is "What does that mean?" which targets expressions, idioms, and slang. Here, students must explain what a common expression means.
The reward games in this app include:
and knock 'em down!
What I love about this app:
- It is very versatile in its ability to target social language skills.
- It includes many videos, which allow that activities to have a "real world" feel and ideally, helps with carryover.
- It includes three fun games to play that can be used as a great motivator.
You can find this versatile app for $15.99 at iTunes!
Disclaimer: This app was given to me for review. No other compensation was provided.